You exercise for months, cut down on your calories, keep track of daily calorie intake and still those undesirable flanks don’t move an inch. And you think if you could just cut away that extra skin around your waist and sides.
Often overweight individuals and figure-conscious people exercise hard to get their body in shape only to end up with no significant results. Liposuction, a cosmetic procedure, has become a popular option for such people to improve the appearance of certain body areas by removing excessive fat deposits.
While the procedure can bring a drastic change in the figure of a patient and is commonly performed, there are some lesser known facts and benefits you should know about the procedure.
- Modern liposuction began in 1974 with the work of 2 Italian gynaecologists, Giorgio Fischer and Arpad who created a blunt tunnelling procedure to remove fat. It then became popularized by a French surgeon, Dr Yves-Gerard Illouz who introduced the method of infusing fluid into tissues followed by high vacuum suction. He achieved excellent results with few adverse effects.
- Liposuction is not actually a treatment for obesity or weight loss. It is a medical procedure designed to remove fat deposits around certain body areas that are difficult to manage with regular exercise and diet. In fact, a person who is fit, active and is within 30% of his/her ideal weight is considered a good candidate for the procedure.
- Liposuction is a specialized technique which requires extensive experience to obtain optimal results.
- It can be performed on a variety of areas on the body. Common areas on women include the abdomen, thighs, hips, arms, buttocks, cheeks and neck.
- Men prefer it on the waist, chin and abdomen.
- Remarkable results can be obtained which are evident in before and after photos. It is important to be patient however as it usually takes a few months for the results to appear.
To maintain results, the patient may also need to pay attention to diet and follow a regular exercise regimen.
Here are some results performed by Dr M Szalay
Results can vary among individuals. Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.For more information visit www.precisioncosmetic.com.au